Slightly panicked: Starting to build our Coop...just got 13 Chicks!!!

Haha... seemsm familair, We did the same in April. 13 chicks and 16 guineas. They will outgrow the brooder quickly. we had ours in a 48x48. We moved them to a 6 feet by 8 feet enclosure when they wer 6 weeks old. They are now in a 12 x 12 horse stall with supervised free ranging. Coop is still under construction😂
That's good to know, thanks! We have a barn and stalls too, maybe we should try that.

Congratulations! Now the time push.

Yes they will quickly outgrow the brooder.
Options.....other than killing yourselves trying to build fast.......
Watermelon boxes from the grocery store
Puppy play pen set on a tarp and lined around the bottom with cardboard strips

I bought this one for my bloodhound puppy....it is super easy to set up, take down and move.
https://www.chewy.com/frisco-8-panel-plastic-dog-exercise/dp/169766

It is as tall as the kitchen counter.

Thank you for the good tip! am checking out that puppy link. Watermelon boxes also may have some possibility...thanks for the ideas!

Ees aren't even a official breed just a mix of a whole bunch of chickens.... and somehow they lay blue eggs(usually, every once and a while one will lay brown...)another name for them, mutts... I love them tho! Here's my ee roo... hobbes
Screenshot_20200712-203907_Gallery.jpg

Ees aren't even a official breed just a mix of a whole bunch of chickens.... and somehow they lay blue eggs(usually, every once and a while one will lay brown...)another name for them, mutts... I love them tho! Here's my ee roo... hobbesView attachment 2240733
Very cool looking hen! Love the variety of colors and feathers...definitely not boring! And gentle?

Back
Top Bottom