Slowly but surely

teaton

Songster
Apr 10, 2016
Clarksville, TN
Hi everyone! I've been on here a few months but never introduced myself. My name is Tura I was born and raised in a small town in tennesee. I decided a couple years ago to move away from the city with a dream of starting a small homestead. I knew I wanted to have a garden and fruit trees and a small farm of kinder goats and chickens, but I didn't have any experience. So long story short I reaserch everything I could and my boyfriend and i bought a small farm on the outskirts of town, that already had a garden and fruit trees. I started with chickens, i knew i wanted rhode island reds because of Thier dual purpose ability, but no one told me id fall in love with them and never would be able to kill them myself. Also noone told me about the obstacles id face weather it be housing, predator, injuries or illnesses. I'm slowly but surely learning! And if there's on thing I've learned it's never ever to stop your reaserch! This site has been a wonderful source for me and everyone is so nice, I am glad to be a part of it, and will gladly help when I can. As far as goats I've decided to stick with chickens for now, that's to come and I'm sure full of surprises too! But my garden and fruit tress have been plentiful so I feel pretty blessed! And my rir's turned out to be production reds but I'm pretty happy about that too because they are all sweet and give me wonderful eggs, even my 1 1/2 yr old roo let's me hold him and walk him around :) so far I love it, i just wish I would have done it sooner!

Last edited:
Greetings from Kansas, Tura, and :welcome. Great to have you aboard. It's never too late to join! Happy you are living where you are able to have chickens and animals. BYC is full of great information to make your journey easier. Feel free to ask questions at any time. Also, you can chat it up with fellow Volunteer Staters in this link https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
Best wishes to you! :cd

welcome-byc.gif

All I can say is, you will love it, you will love it. And yes, you will learn by having fun here on BYC!

Hi Tura and welcome to our community - I hope that you enjoy being a member as much as the rest of us.

Best wishes
Ct

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom