SLW & RIR: Gender Wars! Please help settle the score!

Okay... So I have a bunch of little runts! But I would love them the same if they were show chickens! Do I need to post some better pictures, or is their gender more dependent on the breed at this point? By the way, thanks for all of your input
smile.png

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree they don't look like SLW. My chickies weren't nearly so white.

Mine looked very different at about that age

Morebirds015.jpg

136.jpg

Oh No!!! What on earth am I going to do with 13 little roosters? One of our friend's chickens hatched these. They're all from the same run! I'm not sure how it works with chicks (50/50?), but are the odds of 13 out of 13 being cockerels usual for the same run? I think that it's a consensus that the yellow/white & black ones are not SLW. The friend that gave them to us told us that that was what they were. He knows as much about chicks as I do (not a whole lot). I so appreciate everyones help with this. I would have never believed this possible. Could it be a Guinness Record??? HA! All I know is that they are all precious, sweet and healthy... and possibly all boys. Thank you once again.

9, 11, 12, 14 and 21 might not be Roos...but all the rest I would say are....and as for the ones that I say might not be...I would need to see better and new pictures.

Only should keep one or two roos....try to sell or trade them on here or craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom