Small black circles with white circle around it on Comb

Davistucker

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2021
Has anyone seen this phenomenon? My hen developed it over the past couple of days. All three of my hens have paler combs than they did last week when they were vibrant red. I understand the pale comb could be due to the increased heat this week. All are eating and drinking well, no lethargy.
Fowl pox can cause black spots but there were no warts or lesions anywhere on her before the black spots showed up. Any and all comments are appreciated. I don't want her to get sick or sicker if she is sick.
Thanks

1627738513499.png

Can you upload a picture so that we can see what you are seeing?
Thanks I posted via the comments so I hope you can see it. She wouldn't stand still when I pointed the phone at her. Looking at it again I am 90% sure it is Fowl Pox It is worse today than yesterday. The beak wasn't showing signs yesterday. Any treatment ideas? I just read there is no treatment. It can be caused by mosquitos. Well, I can't imagine how they won't all get it since we've had all the rain last few months.

Iodine will help the irrigation of the scabs. Just dab some iodine on each scab but you may want to avoid any scabs around the eyes so that iodine doesn’t go into her eye.
I plant lavender in pots around the coop and run and use lavender scented wax melts on my porch. Lavender repels mosquitoes. I am surrounded by wetland and the mosquitoes stay away with the lavender.

Iodine will help the irrigation of the scabs. Just dab some iodine on each scab but you may want to avoid any scabs around the eyes so that iodine doesn’t go into her eye.
I plant lavender in pots around the coop and run and use lavender scented wax melts on my porch. Lavender repels mosquitoes. I am surrounded by wetland and the mosquitoes stay away with the lavender.
Thanks so much. I love lavender so I'll get more to plant around the coop. I've read it will just go away over a few weeks. Some say it won't transfer to other hens. Some say it will and to separate her. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom