Small Chick ate a balloon

mdusman

Hatching
Dec 28, 2020
Guys i need help my chick about 1 and a half month old ate a piece of balloon when i was away from home. Now its not eating or drinking anything. Also to mention i live in an area without any medical help. Its India actually also i dont know the breed. I m new. Kindly help!!!!

Guys i need help my chick about 1 and a half month old ate a piece of balloon when i was away from home. Now its not eating or drinking anything. Also to mention i live in an area without any medical help. Its India actually also i dont know the breed. I m new. Kindly help!!!!
More than likely it will be perfectly fine. Do you have chick grit? Provide a small tray of chick grit... grit helps break up anything in the crop and send it down into the stomach for digestion.
How long has it been since it last ate or drank? Are you sure it’s not?

Its
More than likely it will be perfectly fine. Do you have chick grit? Provide a small tray of chick grit... grit helps break up anything in the crop and send it down into the stomach for digestion.
How long has it been since it last ate or drank? Are you sure it’s not?
It happened yesterday and i dont jave chicken grit. I watched a vid on YT on How to make a chicken vomit(empty crop) it didnt quite work my chick did vomit a little but no sign of balloon was there but i can feel the balloon in its crop.

How big was the balloon piece? When I butchered my meat chickens a couple of them had pieces of plastic, one the size of a quarter, in the gizzard. I'd venture to guess that your chicken would be fine, but I would still monitor the chicken, especially if it isn't eating or drinking.

Tbh i was away from home but im sure its a balloon. My nephew likes balloons so im guessing one of the loons popped and one of the pieces gets eaten by the chick. Ive also tried giving it vinegar water

Yesterday between 5-6pm. I investigated it myself. Its not anything eating from yesterday. After the balloon incident you can say. And yes it has pooped like 3 to 4 times till now. Any help?

Its

It happened yesterday and i dont jave chicken grit. I watched a vid on YT on How to make a chicken vomit(empty crop) it didnt quite work my chick did vomit a little but no sign of balloon was there but i can feel the balloon in its crop.
Do not make the chick vomit.... there is way too high of a chance of aspirating her. Not a good idea at all, and is only used in extreme situations to treat impacted crops - which you have no evidence of yet. Just keep an eye on her (him)?, check the crop every morning and make sure it’s empty. Observe if you can and look for eating and drinking. If she is acting fine, I wouldn’t worry. Chickens eat all kinds of crazy things all the time and are normally fine. Grit, btw is just small pieces of crushed rock.

Yesterday between 5-6pm. I investigated it myself. Its not anything eating from yesterday. After the balloon incident you can say. And yes it has pooped like 3 to 4 times till now. Any help?
And the poops look normal? Do you know where the chickens crop is? Front right (chicken's right) of its chest? Have you felt it? Does it feel full? Hard? Squishy?

And the poops look normal? Do you know where the chickens crop is? Front right (chicken's right) of its chest? Have you felt it? Does it feel full? Hard? Squishy?
Poops were white. Yes i know in our language its called "Potta". Its neither full nor hard but when i squeeze it gently a balloon like sound is coming.

Back
Top Bottom