Small dog attacked my 3 yo submissive hen

Pics
I'm really impressed that all her feathers grew over it. I was thinking that even if it did somehow heal (which seemed unlikely in the early posts, sorry :( ) there would be a bald patch of skin left from scar tissue.
Me too. I thought she was chewed to deep and did not understand how her skin was going to grow back let alone follicles and then healthy feather growth. Her tail still looks a little jacked but I am not going to doubt its own perfect heal yet, thinking it will just take longer and may even need a molt. Pretty cool stuff... :D

Me too. I thought she was chewed to deep and did not understand how her skin was going to grow back let alone follicles and then healthy feather growth. Her tail still looks a little jacked but I am not going to doubt its own perfect heal yet, thinking it will just take longer and may even need a molt. Pretty cool stuff... :D

Chickens are pretty amazing, aren't they? 😁

I really had NO IDEA how amazing they were when I got into this chicken thing. I knew they were pretty cool 🌴:cool: (even if I can't figure why they scream over 1 nest box when no one intends to sit on any eggs...) but I still get pleasantly surprised just about everyday. Amazie has given me the big lesson to try harder for the win when one is down. I have had sooo many losses... 💔💔💔 this win feels really good :lol:💕

Back
Top Bottom