Small dog needs home (Eastern NC)

willowcol

Songster
11 Years
Oct 10, 2008
Macclesfield NC
Met Jetter. We found him on the side of the road over 1 month ago, covered in ticks and fleas and matted so bad he was covered in sores. I shaved him and got rid of all the pests, applied meds and all the sores have healed, his hair has all grown back great. We tried to find his owner but have had no luck. He is the sweetest little guy (believe he is nutered) and seems to be about 6-8 months old. He loves to fetch, goes outside to use bathroom, and has never met a stranger. He loves everyone from my 1 yr old grandson to all my kids friends. He has never growled or been agressesive even to strange dogs. He likes to lay on the floor by himself and is not clingy like some small dogs. I believe he may have allergies so we only let him out to use bathroom and play for small amounts of time a day. I would love to keep him but husband says no. we already have 3 chihuahuas. If you live near or in easter NC Greenville Wilson Rocky mount Area and would like him PM me.

16913_057.jpg

16913_048.jpg

If my mom would take another Shih-tzu like dog you'd be in luck but I don't think she'd take another at the moment.
hmm.png
She's up in Richmond. If all else fails contact a shih-tzu rescue.

Oh what a cutie. I live too far away and already have 3 too many!! Bless you for taking such good care of him. I hope you are able to find a perfect home for him.
hugs.gif

Thanks, I am sure he will find a wonderful home. I just need to keep trying. I couldn't give him to just anybody, so I am not going to put him in the bargain trader or paper.

Good on you for the rescue! No small dogs here, but good luck to you and Jetter!

Place him in a shih tzu rescue. They will most likely screen their homes and find him a good owner. They'll make sure he's neutered and up to date on shots. It's a good thing.

Please be VERY VERY careful in placing him. There are shady folks who snatch up dogs like this, and then turn around and sell them for triple digits or use them as bait animals. It happens, I've seen it. They'll lie to you, tell you everything you want to hear, and then lie to the person interested in buying the dog from them.

Good luck! You'll have plenty of people interested, be picky, picky, picky!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom