Small egg with yolk all scrambled up inside.

Castlemaid

Songster
Mar 26, 2019
Northern BC
I have 3 Bovans, just about a year old. They are great egg layers, with eggs of outstanding quality. Even now, in Northern BC, with less than 8 hrs of daylight, I still can count on a couple of eggs a day, if not three. However, today I got a very small egg, like a pullet wind egg, and when I broke it open, the yolk was broken and mixed in with the white, like when you start mixing eggs in a bowl. This is the second time it happened, I had a freshly laid scrambled egg a couple of month ago too. I never think of taking pictures, and I've already fed the egg to my dog.

Has anyone heard of this? Why does it happen? I know that small eggs and weird stuff happen occasionally. I once got a thimble-sized egg with just a speck of yolk inside, LOL. It was pretty cute. But I've never heard of eggs that get scrambled before they get laid.

I don’t know the technical egg parts but maybe the two strings that stabilize the yoke in the center of the egg broke and this caused the yoke to be able to move around and break.

Back
Top Bottom