Small order ducklings??

Hi guys, I’m currently looking to add a few ducklings to my flock.(2-4) normally for this amount I would go to my local feed store, but they don’t sex their ducklings, and I really need hens. I’ve looked into ordering online, but due to small order fees, it adds up to almost $80.00!! For only 3 ducklings. I really want Welsh harlequin, or khaki Campbell, any suggestions?
I recommend you search craigslist. There's a lot of ducks and ducklings you can buy

I recommend you search craigslist. There's a lot of ducks and ducklings you can buy
I actually did check Craig’s list, but couldn’t find what I needed around my area. I went with a place called Valley Farms Hatchery. I’ve heard mixed reviews for them, but since their prices were the best I’ve seen in years, I decided to give them a chance. My ducklings are coming mid June, so I can tell y’all how it works out if you want. Thanks to everyone for their help!!

I live in Virginia, so there are some, but no major ones near me, mostly small feed stores.
Also, I looked into MPC, they were much more expensive:(
I have not ordered ducklings but I have ordered chicks from My Pet Chicken for years. They do cost more than some places but they are completely worth the price. They have top quality birds and amazing customer service. They will refund the price of a bird if they happen to sex it wrong but that is rare because they are very good. I highly recommend MPC!

I have not ordered ducklings but I have ordered chicks from My Pet Chicken for years. They do cost more than some places but they are completely worth the price. They have top quality birds and amazing customer service. They will refund the price of a bird if they happen to sex it wrong but that is rare because they are very good. I highly recommend MPC!
Agreed. I got 2 from MPC last August (they did sex my 3rd, an SS, wrong), and both are extremely friendly, and laid 30 eggs each in all of March. I am ordering more from them this June.

I just for ordered 6 myself. I ordered through a big box feed store, Farm and Fleet. If you have Tractor Supply, Rural King or any others by you they usually offer free shipping because they are ordering in bulk for the Spring themselves so your birds just get shipped with their large orders at no additional cost. The ducklings were around $5-6 each for me, but that's totally worth it without having to pay shipping as I would with ordering direct from a hatchery.

Now if you don't have large stores like these around, try the small feed stores still. I had a feed store here that was willing to bring in a batch of ducks (30 minimum for them) just so I could buy a few. They figured they would sell them anyway.
I live in Ontario Canada and thats what I do. Here the hatchery will show on their website where you can order pick up the chicks /ducklings. We still have a small order fee but there is no shipping cost or worries.

I would also check FB, I recently found a local county page of people who keep backyard poultry and many people who have small flocks that incubate eggs then sell the hatchlings each year. Then you can pick how many you want, and pick up on specified day instead dealing with shipping, not to mention supporting another local bird lover 😉😊

Back
Top Bottom