Small order ducklings??

Croft5Homestead

Chirping
Feb 15, 2021
Hi guys, I’m currently looking to add a few ducklings to my flock.(2-4) normally for this amount I would go to my local feed store, but they don’t sex their ducklings, and I really need hens. I’ve looked into ordering online, but due to small order fees, it adds up to almost $80.00!! For only 3 ducklings. I really want Welsh harlequin, or khaki Campbell, any suggestions?

I live in Virginia, so there are some, but no major ones near me, mostly small feed stores.
Also, I looked into MPC, they were much more expensive:(
I believe if you order ducks on My Pet Chicken they just ship them from one of the waterfowl farms like Metzer, your best bet is probably to just order directly from metzer, or just get some from those small feed stores you were talking about.

I recommend you search craigslist. There's a lot of ducks and ducklings you can buy
I actually did check Craig’s list, but couldn’t find what I needed around my area. I went with a place called Valley Farms Hatchery. I’ve heard mixed reviews for them, but since their prices were the best I’ve seen in years, I decided to give them a chance. My ducklings are coming mid June, so I can tell y’all how it works out if you want. Thanks to everyone for their help!!

If it doesn't workout to order at a feed store or other local store another option is to order enough to avoid the small order fee. I know cackels is 15 ducks. (I found that out when starting an order for a dozen, now guess how many are coming) Then sell the ones you don't want.

While that isn’t most definitely something I will look into, my main problem is the expense. Were I to buy all (say 15) I can’t guarantee that I will be able to sell the extras. And I definitely can’t keep more than 4, possibly 5. Thanks for your great suggestions though!!

Back
Top Bottom