Small order ducklings??

Hi guys, I’m currently looking to add a few ducklings to my flock.(2-4) normally for this amount I would go to my local feed store, but they don’t sex their ducklings, and I really need hens. I’ve looked into ordering online, but due to small order fees, it adds up to almost $80.00!! For only 3 ducklings. I really want Welsh harlequin, or khaki Campbell, any suggestions?

Craigslist.

My local facebook poultry groups put up posts to get a bunch of people to go in on a big order since most people only want a few chicks or ducklings. Maybe see if you have state or local groups near you. See if there are any posts or put up your own post and see if you get any takers
This happens in the state threads right here on BYC also. Find the thread for your state and see if there are locals who will go in with you on a larger order.

Metzer is doing free shipping, but small orders have a free for heating pads. I think at 4 the fee goes down. And at 10 that is their minimum order size, so no shipping or fee.
I checked Metzer just now. Their peices are a not high for a small quantity. Evening at 30 ducklings, it's more expensive than ordering through Farm and Fleet. They are clearly making up the shipping cost in the prices.

Hi guys, I’m currently looking to add a few ducklings to my flock.(2-4) normally for this amount I would go to my local feed store, but they don’t sex their ducklings, and I really need hens. I’ve looked into ordering online, but due to small order fees, it adds up to almost $80.00!! For only 3 ducklings. I really want Welsh harlequin, or khaki Campbell, any suggestions?
I ordered a small order of ducklings from Johnson’s waterfowl. I’m pretty sure they sell sexed ducklings. Unfortunately they don’t have Welsh harlequin but they were really great. They only added a $7.50 fee for small orders for a heating pad. All my ducklings arrived alive. Shipping wasn’t bad either.

Back
Top Bottom