Small Orders?

The reason that they won't take an order for 10 chicks is that they will get chilled and die. The more chicks in a box the more heat is generated. Maybe you could find someone to go in with you for the 25 chick minimum and you could split the order.

Welcome Day Old!!

Ideal will send you 10 - there will be a small order fee. I ordered mine from Ideal - 10 pullets - and all are doing great!
eta: Ideal added 6 males for warmth, but it's not hard to find someone to give the extras to. That's what I did with mine.

healthychicksandmore have small orders, as does mypetchicken.com. Or you can try your luck at your local feed store.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Last edited:
Can't they just ship them with hot packs. I used to have a bearded dragon, and i had to order in crickets they would ship them with a hot pack and no dead. Just a thought!!
hmm.png

Meyer Hatchery does small orders with heat packs. It isn't cheap though, so it would probably be better to try to find someone to split with if you can.

Otherwise, unless you are interested in some specific or exotic breed, you could research feed stores in the area, and call around to see where/when they'll have chicks. Many will even do special orders for you, so the chicks get sent in larger numbers and so safer that way. That is a definate option this time of year. They only get chickies in the spring, but hey, it'll work now.

Back
Top Bottom