Small white worm things in chicken droppings

ChloMal

Hatching
Oct 11, 2020
Help! I was cleaning out my chickens today and noticed small moving white little worm things in their droppings, quite a few of them! I've not noticed them before (although it is possible I've just missed them). Assuming they are some kind of worm parasite, had a look online for some help but find it all a bit confusing. What do you think they are, and what do I treat with? The girls usually get cider vinegar and verm X as a preventative measure but looks like his hasn't worked. The weather in the UK has been very rainy and created a lot of mud lately, so not sure if this is also a problem. I just want them gone so happy to use a chemical wormer just need help with which one!

Thank you so much

Was the dropping fresh?
Pics, or better yet, video, would help immensely here.
From over the last weekish I would say, I didn't take a photo I was a bit mortified and just wanted them out, should have thought on and taken something, could check again in the morning and see if anymore have appeared

From over the last weekish I would say, I didn't take a photo I was a bit mortified and just wanted them out, should have thought on and taken something, could check again in the morning and see if anymore have appeared
Well, it's hard to say if the crawly things came out of your chicken or landed there afterwards.
Getting a fecal sample checked a reputable lab is the only real way to know if your birds have worms. Most worms are not visible to the human eye in poops, only round worms and tape worms, do some Googling for images of poultry parasites.

The girls usually get cider vinegar and verm X as a preventative measure but looks like his hasn't worked.
Is it possible your chickens have worms? Good thing Halloween is coming up, pumpkin is good for dealing with worms.
https://thefewellhomestead.com/are-pumpkin-seeds-a-natural-dewormer-for-chickens/
There is little to no proof that any of these 3 things will prevent or kill worms.

Help! I was cleaning out my chickens today and noticed small moving white little worm things in their droppings, quite a few of them! I've not noticed them before (although it is possible I've just missed them). Assuming they are some kind of worm parasite, had a look online for some help but find it all a bit confusing. What do you think they are, and what do I treat with? The girls usually get cider vinegar and verm X as a preventative measure but looks like his hasn't worked. The weather in the UK has been very rainy and created a lot of mud lately, so not sure if this is also a problem. I just want them gone so happy to use a chemical wormer just need help with which one!

Thank you so much
Did they look like white rice slowly moving around? See pic:
View attachment 2371136

Back
Top Bottom