Small yellow worms/maggots in stool?? *PIC* HELP!

Pics
@StellaBeann Also as a sidenote, about deworming... Treating with smeared paste on treats was not enjoyable and time consuming or downright ineffective considering the suspicious stink eyes I'd get from my little flock of 3 (now 8). With our recent roundworm deworming treatment, we decided to dose at night after everyone was on the roost. I had a headlamp on, my fiancée picked up/held each one, I put my finger sideways into their beak and used a needleless syringe to administer paste right at the front of their beaks. Took us about 10 minutes each time. Get your supplies ready beforehand and you're set! :thumbsup

Hi.
Have you guys found a treatment that worked or an answer as to what those worms are??
Some of my chickens have them too! I treated them with Avitrol plus twice and they always come back after about 2 weeks!

Hi.
Have you guys found a treatment that worked or an answer as to what those worms are??
Some of my chickens have them too! I treated them with Avitrol plus twice and they always come back after about 2 weeks!
Hi @Louisetho2 :frow Welcome To BYC
Can you post some photos of the poop and worms?

I’ve attached a photo. I think it’s mainly my Isa brown who poops worms. Otherwise she’s acting totally normal.
I am not sure if she’s having a resistance to working tablets but it goes away for about 2 weeks after treatment and then I find those again in her poo!

Attachments

• 8564DCAC-AE00-4DE1-8C47-CACDFD7E772B.jpeg
    8564DCAC-AE00-4DE1-8C47-CACDFD7E772B.jpeg
    740.6 KB · Views: 69
I’ve attached a photo. I think it’s mainly my Isa brown who poops worms. Otherwise she’s acting totally normal.
I am not sure if she’s having a resistance to working tablets but it goes away for about 2 weeks after treatment and then I find those again in her poo!
8564dcac-ae00-4de1-8c47-cacdfd7e772b-jpeg.1601248
Those look like tapeworm segments to me.

The tapeworm dose is 10-20 mg praziquantel per kilogram, so an average 5 pound hen would need ~23 mg. Those pils contain only 4 mg praziquantel, so a five pound hen would get 6 pills (24 mg), then you repeat that in 10-14 days.

Back
Top Bottom