Smallest automatic incubator?

eyralis

Songster
Jun 2, 2014
California
Hi! I’m a complete newbie to the wonderful world of chickens, and will soon be purchasing bantam faverolles hatching eggs (yay!!)

- Are there incubators for just two or three eggs? (That’s the number of chickens I’d like to end up with :)

- Being a complete newbie, I'd prefer one that is as automatic as possible (read: idiot-proof). During a bit of research, I read good things about the Brinsea mini ?

- Is it possible to buy one used, or even rent one? (I’m only going to use it once)

Many thanks for any answers!
olivia

Also, remeber that your pullet/cockerel ratio would naturally sit at 50/50 so you would likely need to hatch more than two or three eggs to get the number of birds you wanted.

(I’m only going to use it once)

Many thanks for any answers!
olivia

HA HA Ha ha ha h HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

That is just about the funniest thing I've read in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. Got that out of the way. I thought the very same thing when I bought my Brinsea mini advance. Currently on my third set of eggs in the incubator. It's addicting! I am happy I only bought the mini because I can guarantee you I would be putting down 20 eggs at a time! Each time I have set 7, 4 have hatched due to infertile eggs or early death. It doesn't have a humidity readout but seems to do well with that. If you want to stay small, I recommend the Brinsea.

Let us know what u decide and how it goes!
MB

Last edited:
I can see it being addicting!!!!
big_smile.png

It’s guaranteed to be a one-time-only for me because 3 is the absolute maximum number accepted by the HOA and they are VERY strict.

Back
Top Bottom