Smart Chickens

Ragladysews

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 25, 2011
NW Georgia
I have the smartest chickens. A couple of weeks ago I realized my hens and 1 roo had gotten around to the front. That is a major no-no, we live on a busy road. It isnt that they have no where to roam, they have a big barn, large field, creek, etc. I ran out the carport door with left over cornbread, scattered a little bit and loving cornbread like they do, they followed me back to the back yard and the coop. NOW! at least once a day they come to the carport door or driveway gate cackling and crowing. Of course, I take off with bread or whatever I have on hand to get them to follow me. To get to the front , they go quite a bit of way around a fence down a field road and around to the front. They are smart, smart chicks. I think so anyway! I guess I will try to lead them with no treat and hope we can break this habit. Any other suggestions?

Chickens are too smart! Mine have done the same thing,but its at my sliding glass door. From the first step out, all the way to the chicken coop ,nothing but chicken poop. Makes for slippery stairs.

Back
Top Bottom