Smart little chickens!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by McGoo, Oct 21, 2007.

1. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

So I came home today in a hurry to check on the household and lo and behold Mr. Ed and 2 of my gals were down at the creek - way out of their fenced in area!

So I go down and round them up and as we're coming back up the drive, (On the right is the netting that their supposed be in inside of) all of a sudden they start to bounce up against it and I'm thinking - what's their problem. Well, within a couple of bounces they all, one at a time bounced right through and into their area. Seems that they realized that the deer had ripped a long slice in the fence that I hadn't even noticed! So who's the dumb one here![​IMG]

Of course panic set in and patching was done. But I had to laugh at them. The grass/woods are always greener on the other side of the fence.

ps. war on the deer. I'm installing deer fencing so they can't get through and/or rip the fence. Also it'll keep the deer from eating the feed.

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Well the best way to find the hole is to let them show you were it is! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by