Snake ? Dead Snake Long rant

Quote:
I would never recommend that a person take a venomous snake to neighbor's house. That would be extremely irresponsible, and I think that anyone who is fond of reptiles should be very responsible with them. It irritates me to no end when people handle them in such a way that they end up scaring non-reptile lovers even worse than before.

I'm not taking issue with anyone for killing snakes. I don't want to see them killed in most cases, but I know I cannot save them from here and I'm not inclined to jump on people for killing them. It just bothers me when I frequently see people openly mocking others for their ideas about conservation, and I'm fairly sure that if pro-snake people mocked pro snake-kill people we would be cracked down on pretty hard. It doesn't need to be a personal thing at all, and I never intend it to be that way. I just wish everyone could talk freely here on BOTH sides of the issue without taking it to a personal level.
smile.png

WillsMama, I wasn't directing my remark at you. I just feel like that stuff has been going on lately all around this forum,and it honestly upsets me. Perhaps I shouldn't be sensitive about it, butI take a lot of things to heart and I just wish it wasn't necessarily a subject that inevitably ends up hurting feelings.

Quote:
It wasn't. They don't get even close to four feet long, let alone over six. There are several harmless snakes that are often mistaken for them, and this was undoubtedly one of them. I understand that you don't care, but others might. I encourage people to at least identify animals, insects and plants before wantonly destroying them - sometimes the education is beneficial for all parties concerned.
wink.png

I see woodbury,tn. is that by manchester?

If you have copper heads even 4 ft. long the chattanooga Aqurium would love to have one, I'd bet.

No woodbury is not close to manchester, and Iwouldn't trap a snake of ANY KIND FOR ANY PERSON or aquarium,I'm sorry that some of you are offended at killing a snake, but I would also shoot a dog, a coyote, a skunk, a possum, or ANYTHING else that came after one of my chickens.marrie

This is the predators and pests forum....if you don't have something constructive to add to the situation then leave it alone. I would kill the snake too. Let's not preach. Read the sticky post by terrielacy at the top of this section.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Just went out to check on my week old chicks on their first night and day in the "outside" brooder connected to my coop. I have lived here a year and had never seen a snake....until today! Big fat black snake was laying amongst the babies, with two suspicious lumps in his middle. He couldn't get out because he had become too big to get through the wire. Chopped off his head without a second thought. I usually like a black snake and won't kill one, ordinarily. When it comes to my good chicks and a black snake....well, he just had to die!

Babies came back inside until they are too big for snakes to swallow. #@@##$$!!!! snake!
somad.gif

Wow I am glad you did not get bitten...copperheads can be very aggressive and they are deadly. ICK At least with him/her around rodent population would be way down.

Back
Top Bottom