Snake Enthusiasts - Ringneck Questions...

ETA not reading
tongue.png

Last edited:
That snake is beautiful! I love snakes, I own 6 myself. I really dont like the idea of people keeping wild-caught snakes, but to each his own. Would it be possible to purchase one now that your DH didnt say anything about keeping this one? I know next to nothing about Ringnecks, but I do know that it sure is cute!

Well, I decided to let him go. Poor little thing was so distraught with the aquarium walls, it just didn't seem right to keep a wild thing in like that. Even my 5 year old said, Momma, he looks sad.
sad.png

Plus, my husband, who is *extremely* tolerant of my animals, was just NOT pleased with the idea.

Thanks for the info. He was a cutie.
Em

Sorry you had to let him go, Em. Im sure it was best, the little guy will do better out in the big world! Its great that your daughter is so enthusiastic about reptiles though, its hard to find children like that.

Thanks.

She actually had quite a day of it down at the old house. We found a big salamander, then the ringneck, and this evening, while working the flowerbeds, we caught 3 toads.

I try to keep her handling everything, I don't want her to be afraid of nature. I was always toting around some kind of snake or other critter when I was small. She's a little mini-me.
smile.png
She knows everything has to be let free at the end of the day, even lightening bugs.

Em

Cute snake, I love them. There was a black snake in my yard and I would have liked to keep it but DH would have left me. DARN LOL. Anyway I know as much as I would have loved to keep it, it's better to let them go and be free to enjoy their lives. Good job for letting it go.
hugs.gif

Here's a pic of my snake, isn't it shiny?

011f40ad.jpg

Back
Top Bottom