Snake vs toad

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sgtmom52, Apr 23, 2008.

1. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

I found this in my garden today. This little snake had caught a big fat toad by the foot. The toad just sat there until the snake finally let him go. I guess you could say - he bit off more than he could chew! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

LOL

NO matter how unjointed that snake jaw can get... I see no way it could possibly swallow that toad!!!

That's a huge amphibian... Biggest ones I see here are... like an inch long?

3. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    EWWWW! That made my tubby turn. I thought from the topic it may have been a joke.

4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

They get almost as big as your fist here. Right now it is mating season and they come by the dozens to sing all night long in our pond.

5. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    You have some sandy mud there. That toad is like "ummm could someone PLEASE get this guy off my foot!" Still EWWWWWW though.

6. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Actually that is a big rock they are on - part of my large rock garden wall - I guess both the snake and the toad were living in there. The soil here is nothing buth red clay and lots of rocks!

7. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:REALLY??? It looks like a muddy river bank. That's cool!

8. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    That pic is AWESOME! I love snakes and toads, that's so funny. Poor guy thought he had himself a meal!

9. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Love that pic [​IMG] thanks for sharing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by