Snake!!!

lol no rat snake has ever gotten 10 foot and no rat snake can eat a full grown rir hen stop making up things please, the world record black rat snake is far below 10 feet.

I can promise you, you will not find a black rat snake longer than 6-7 feet in the wild today. 7 feet would be rare find.

You should check my album. There is a pic of my husband holding a 7ft. rat snake.6 in. Was cut of with his head but I assure you he was every bit of 7 & would be alive today if he hadn't eaten 1 of my babies. I have several pics of him over months of his presence. I truly admired him. He was beautiful. It was a sad day he lost his head. He was a snake-rat killer.

Just wanted to back Mohillbilly up. I live in the Southwestern corner of Missouri and 6-7 foot-long black snakes (I don't know about "rat snake"--we just call them black snakes) are common. When I was a kid, we had chickens, and we knew we had a black snake in the feed shed, even though we'd never seen him, because he left his shed skin behind. Incomplete, it still measured well over 8 feet long. When my parents were dating, they ran over what they thought was a small log on an old country road. Looked back, and it was moving. Granted, old country roads aren't that wide, but since they couldn't see either the head or the tail until it finished crossing the road, that snake was at least 10 feet long...and it was chasing piglets, which are a pretty hefty meal.

rat snake max out at 3 pounds when they are 6 feet they can kill a chicken if they really wanted to because they are fragile with weak necks but never an adult domestic cat which could tire the snake out eventually and probably kill the snake if it is determined enough. Does not matter if they are constrictors or not they do not have the power of a large python.

Last edited:
rat snake max out at 3 pounds when they are 6 feet they can kill a chicken if they really wanted to because they are fragile with weak necks but never an adult domestic cat which could tire the snake out eventually and probably kill the snake if it is determined enough. Does not matter if they are constrictors or not they do not have the power of a large python.
you don't know what you are talking about black snakes don't max out at 3lb or 6ft

rat snake max out at 3 pounds when they are 6 feet they can kill a chicken if they really wanted to because they are fragile with weak necks but never an adult domestic cat which could tire the snake out eventually and probably kill the snake if it is determined enough.  Does not matter if they are constrictors or not they do not have the power of a large python.

Again look at my album. I have a pic of my husband holding a dead rat snake. No doubt its a rat snake & keep in mind 6 in. was cut off with its head. At least 7 ft weight was more than 3 lbs. There are different types of rat snakes with different markings. Perhaps you should do your research on the topic before posting. I would think a snake that size could kill a cat. The first thing they do is wrap themselves. At least that's what happened when 1 attacked my husband. He removed that 1 with a weedeater. Ooch.. I'm afraid my cat wouldn't win that battle if the snake wrapped around its neck

Again look at my album. I have a pic of my husband holding a dead rat snake. No doubt its a rat snake & keep in mind 6 in. was cut off with its head. At least 7 ft weight was more than 3 lbs. There are different types of rat snakes with different markings. Perhaps you should do your research on the topic before posting. I would think a snake that size could kill a cat. The first thing they do is wrap themselves. At least that's what happened when 1 attacked my husband. He removed that 1 with a weedeater. Ooch.. I'm afraid my cat wouldn't win that battle if the snake wrapped around its neck
Where is your album?
I would like to see the photo
smile.png

Perhaps a should have said my avatars. I would post the pic here but I'm unable to. I have a pic of it dead & alive. I think now I will send more of this snake. I have several.

I use moth balls in small water balls with a small hole drilled in the bottom of each bottle, I hang these every ten feet and to date no snakes near the coops the guy next door did kill a rattler a few weeks ago the next property over but we have been fortunate no snakes thanks to our moth balls and keeping the run areas clear of any over growth.

I use moth balls in small water balls with a small hole drilled in the bottom of each bottle, I hang these every ten feet and to date no snakes near the coops the guy next door did kill a rattler a few weeks ago the next property over but we have been fortunate no snakes thanks to our moth balls and keeping the run areas clear of any over growth.

Small water balls? Do you use water with the moth balls? I have rattlers too.

Back
Top Bottom