Snapping Turtle Attack?

jgell

Chirping
10 Years
Dec 23, 2010
Avondale
I was missing an ancona when I put them away tonight. A walk around the pond revealed him on the water's edge still alive with a nearly detached leg. What would do that and not finish the job? They were only out from 9 am to 6 pm and a Great Pyrenees puppy has been running around much of the day. I got the pup to help with the foxes and raccoons but he isn't going to help against a snapping turtle.

What is up with these f---ing turtles!!?

I am so sorry about your duck. Sincerely hope it is able to recover...

Please keep the other ducks out until you determine what it was.

I had 3 large ones in my pond and we put up turtle traps and caught them. We relocated them 20 miles away. lost several call ducks.

What is up with these f---ing turtles!!?

I am so sorry about your duck. Sincerely hope it is able to recover...

Please keep the other ducks out until you determine what it was.
Honestly this is making me sick, thinking about these poor ducks being attacked and in such a horrible way. Please get rid of the snapping turtles if your going to have waterfowl on your pond.

I have been dealing with snapping turtles for as long as I can remember. Long before I had ducks even, I can remember finding cute little painted turtles on the bank with only three legs. Those things move a lot more than most people think. If he is still in there I will catch him, a fish head on a big hook works every time. He will not be returned to the wild instead I will be trying some alligator gumbo made with snapping turtle substitute.

I have been dealing with snapping turtles for as long as I can remember. Long before I had ducks even, I can remember finding cute little painted turtles on the bank with only three legs. Those things move a lot more than most people think. If he is still in there I will catch him, a fish head on a big hook works every time. He will not be returned to the wild instead I will be trying some alligator gumbo made with snapping turtle substitute.
Sounds Yummy
big_smile.png

I am a huge conservation and wildlife advocate and even I'm starting to think turtle soup sounds good!

Seriously, this is like the fifth mutilated duck I've read about in a week. How is he doing? Did you need to put him down or is there a chance he'll recover? I'm so sorry.

I am a huge conservation and wildlife advocate and even I'm starting to think turtle soup sounds good!

Seriously, this is like the fifth mutilated duck I've read about in a week. How is he doing? Did you need to put him down or is there a chance he'll recover? I'm so sorry.
I agree CQ I love all animals but this has been so upsetting to read about and your right many this week alone. I am hoping the duck was able to live.

hahaha... oh too funny!

Back
Top Bottom