Sneaky Chicken...

shadust1

Songster
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
loretto, pa
So one of my chickens is very very curious..she runs up to me and pecks at me...looks between my legs when im sitting on the ground...she is always escaping her run and wondering around...well the other day i went down and she was out again....usually when she sees me she will run against the fence like she is saying "let me back in"..lol...so instead of putting her back in this time i just left her go...overturned a tub i had laying there and she just started digging for bugs...lol...then i went into the coop area and got another one and brought out...he didnt like it outside his enclosure so i put him back in...so she just wondered around...went over around the horse(i was a nervous wreck)...so we just left her go as we went on to finish up the stuff we were doing....around 7:30pm we went to walk down to put back in her enclosure to get ready for bed and right as we turned the corner there she went flying back into her enclosure....hmmm....so im thinking that the reason she is soo comfortable in the surrounding is that she has been doing all of this for sometime....lmao...so i guess since she is putting herself back in at bedtime then i will just let her free range outside her enclosure during the day....the others dont seem to have a care in the world that she is gone...ill be curious to see how long it takes the others to follow suit...

question...do bantam silkies know how to fly...we have one and she seems sooooo laid back...so dar dar..lol....do u think she will be able to fly out of the coop with the others..

we r eventually gonna have a gate on there enclosure to open up during the day so they can go free range all over the place..

My silkie mix could not get off the gound with her silkie feathered wings.

I hope you do not have too many sneaky predators around that could snatch up a chicken, but it helps that you are around during the day a lot to discourage predators.

Quote:
?????

????? x2 Someone forgot where they were or has split personality disorder. Or has a hacked account.

Last edited:
perhaps she was providing narrative for the sneaky predators that may be lurking to pounce on unsuspecting free ranging chickens. Or maybe someone silly was in the room when she left the computer unattended.

Last edited:
I was home when they were out that long and i have 4 ducks that also free range and everyone is ok...plus my horse is always out right by them.....we are gonna cover the enclosure anyway so they wont be able to fly out unless we open it up for them....

Back
Top Bottom