Sneezing Chicken(s)?? Should I be worried? Help!

ChickLover98

The Chicken Princess
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hello...

I just got three new chickens, two white leghorns and a black sexlink, from my BFF. they are really healthy and get along well with my flock.

One thing... the leghorns, especially one in particular, keeps sneezing (or hiccuping, but its hard to tell) and I dont know if I should be worried.

They really only do it while eating or drinking, but its like a little squeal type noise, and it sounds nasal.

I picked one up and looked at its nostrils and they looked Ok. Should I do something or see if it gets better? I dont know of any disease that involves sneezing, though. Thanks in advance for the help!

I have had some with similar issues - I am going to watch your thread- my neighbor too has had this - she gave them antibiotic in the water. I think I am going to try some apple cidar vinagar.

caf.gif

Caroline

I have a cockerel that started sneezing a few days ago. He's got no mucous, no watery eyes ... just a little sneezing. The other 7 birds are not sneezing. The weather has turned a little colder, is that enough to cause it? ACV is the thing to do?

Ours sneeze and have since we got them a month + ago... no other signs of illness and it isn't any more than a normal healthy person would sneeze. I'm not concerned. No discharge, etc. Just happy little once in a while sneezing hens. It is funny though, especially the pitch.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom