sneezing chicks

allieloveschickens

Songster
9 Years
May 20, 2010
San Diego
My 4 week old BR chick Dottie has been sneezing a bit recently, no crusties around her nostrils, or other signs of sickness. she is eating, drinking, and pooping normally. So far the other two chicks don't seem to be sneezing- but I am worried that this could turn into something worse. Any suggestions?

I have a Barred rock named Dottie too!!!

She is 5.5 weeks old and sneezes occasionally as well. I dont worry about it, --the whole lot of them have had the sneezes here and there in the brooder. I think its the dust from the pine shavings.
They do seem to sneeze a little more when I'm cleaning out their "pad"

So i would just keep an eye on them, but the occasional sneeze is normal I believe!

I posted a similar message a couple weeks ago and most people reassured me that little sneezes are fine, as long as the chick is otherwise acting normal. Since then, I've noticed my girls sneezing more when they're really scratching around in the shavings, but also when they're really excited outside!

Glad i found this thread as we've had a few sneezes here and there too. DH thinks we need antibiotics but everyone seems fine so i'm reluctant to medicate if it might be nothing more than just a little dust.

Well thats a relief! Guess my girls are just little sneezers
smile.png
Thanks everyone!

LauraG I love the name Dottie! We sure know how to name a chicken, good choice
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom