sneezing PLEASE READ, now she's wheezing

If you have not treated her for worms, you should, it will not hurt her. Considering she was honking you should start by treating for gap worm, this can cause the honking and some respiratory problems. Keep her warm, and dry, make sure to mix vitamins and a little ACV in her water. If possible seperate her from your others to stop whatever it is from spreading.

Gap worm? I'm fairly new to chickens and I don't know what gap worm is or how to treat it. Will Wazine work or do I need something else?
I have her separated from the others by a fence at the moment. But they want to be together.

hugs.gif
Hows it going with ypur bird? Hope she's ok

Thanks for asking Chicken Boy.
She is acting pretty normal accept for the wheezing, honking and squeaking noises that she seems to be making continually. I have given her AC vinegar, vitamin drops, rosemary, garlic, keifer, yogurt and some egg. She's eating well. I have yet to locate some ivermectin, and I still really don't even know what's wrong with her. I've cleaned the coop dusted with DE and didn't find any mold. I wonder if there's a chance that mold could be bothering her even if I can't see it. The inside of the coop is very dry but our weather has been very wet for the past 6 weeks and there could be mold out in the yard that she's digging in? I think I'll keep her inside again tonight. Don't know what else to do...
hu.gif
I really hope she'll be OK
bow.gif

I have a Giant Cochin-- Barbara, who has been making that honking noise for about a year now. It sounds like she has permanent sinus problems. I also have a White Leghorn-- Daphne-- who has had runny nares for about a week. We live in the mountains and it is COLD, so I assume that, like us humans, she is maybe getting a bit of a cold. Not to mention all of the molting (?!?!) that is going on. It sounds to me like maybe your girl might have some allergies(?) I have a dog who is allergic (of all things) to dust and always has red runny eyes. I am not an expert in avian diseases, these are just some of my own observations. Good luck to your girl!

Hi lucky clucker and
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for your response.
Walking Wolf suggested that maybe the honking noise is a result of Gapeworms, have you ever dewormed you birds? I'm wondering if you did, was there any change in your birds honking. I'm reaching for answers here.

Back
Top Bottom