Sneezing polish!

Apr 27, 2021
Indiana
Hello, so I have 2 bantam polish and a stander polish hen that have been sneezing. When I noticed it I treated the whole flock with vet rx while they where sleeping every night for a week. I still noticed them sneezing but seem fine otherwise. I tried doing homeopathic medicine, putting 30c antimonium crudum in their water along with giving them plain fresh water ones a day for two weeks. Still no changes besides I’ve noticed one of the bantams has stared sneezing even more and shaking her head. She also seems to be mouth breathing now and when I pick her up she’ll close her eyes and just sit there. She does eat and drink normal and runs around with the other 2 polish just not as much. Today I have given them tylan 50 orally. I was just wondering what else I can do if the tylan 50 doesn’t work? They get fresh water and food everyday and I clean the coop regularly. I also have not noticed any strange droppings or anything like that. Thank you to everyone that offers their opinion.

I also put oregano, cayenne pepper, garlic, Onion powder, thyme, parsley and basil in their feed. They also get grits and their own egg shells. I put apple cider vinegar in their water as well. I have 3 different waters. One that is a 12 gallon that I put fresh water in and change ones a week, but put ice in daily. The second and third waterers are just one gallon. I put the apple cider vinegar in one and any medication they may need (electrolytes or probiotics) in the other. I have given them all the tylan 50 orally again today. I also mixed some tylan 50 into the waterer that normally has the electrolytes or probiotics.

I also put oregano, cayenne pepper, garlic, Onion powder, thyme, parsley and basil in their feed. They also get grits and their own egg shells. I put apple cider vinegar in their water as well. I have 3 different waters. One that is a 12 gallon that I put fresh water in and change ones a week, but put ice in daily. The second and third waterers are just one gallon. I put the apple cider vinegar in one and any medication they may need (electrolytes or probiotics) in the other. I have given them all the tylan 50 orally again today. I also mixed some tylan 50 into the waterer that normally has the electrolytes or probiotics.
Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Been giving 0.1 ml 2 times a day for 2 days now and put 1 teaspoon in the water today.

Good grief. Stop putting all that stuff in their feed! Just feed them plain layer feed and nothing else. Stop the apple cider vinegar in the water, it's hyped and does nothing.
Stop the probiotics for now and just continue giving them the Tylan 50 injectable orally to each chicken for 5-7 days. Tylan 50 injectable is useless when mixed in water.

Good grief. Stop putting all that stuff in their feed! Just feed them plain layer feed and nothing else. Stop the apple cider vinegar in the water, it's hyped and does nothing.
Stop the probiotics for now and just continue giving them the Tylan 50 injectable orally to each chicken for 5-7 days. Tylan 50 injectable is useless when mixed in water.
Thanks

They could have sneezing due to a respiratory virus, such as infectious bronchitis or other. But dust, mold, and poor ventilation could also be responsible. I agree with Dawg that you should stop all of the additives to food and water. Vet Rx has nothing in it to cure a respiratory disease.

If it is infectious bronchitis, it lasts about a month. Symptoms include sneezing and mild respiratory symptoms. Laying hens may have wrinkled or corrugated egg shells or runny whites. Hopefully your chickens will be fine in a few weeks.

They could have sneezing due to a respiratory virus, such as infectious bronchitis or other. But dust, mold, and poor ventilation could also be responsible. I agree with Dawg that you should stop all of the additives to food and water. Vet Rx has nothing in it to cure a respiratory disease.

If it is infectious bronchitis, it lasts about a month. Symptoms include sneezing and mild respiratory symptoms. Laying hens may have wrinkled or corrugated egg shells or runny whites. Hopefully your chickens will be fine in a few weeks.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/063tIL2F51y3As2o9p4jw0JDg
https://share.icloud.com/photos/07fbs6MbtGQREX2DY7e7sTKfA
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0f6lqxFKRerdvIy9srNsvSEgQ
https://share.icloud.com/photos/07fOWTd8DBFoZ-UFLuxm-nzEQ

Back
Top Bottom