sneezing??? should I be worried?

dwegg

Songster
11 Years
Nov 10, 2009
Grant Park, Atlanta, GA
I never thought about my girls getting sick. I am sure I saw my SLW sneeze the other night while sitting on her roost. Should I be worried? Also I have noticed that someone is having a rich browny/red 'wet' poo?

This is not an answer to the above, but I felt that as it described my chicken well, that I would ask my question as well. I acquired a new chicken last week (very sweet silver lace wyandotte who is ~1yr old). She has been sneezing at least 2-4 times a minute. No runny "nose," or eye discharge. Except if she sneezes right after drinking, clear bubbles will come out of her eye and then quickly disappear. She has a big appetite and seems very active. I read per package info that terra and duramycin shouldn't be given to laying hens (eggs shouldn't be eaten during the chickens lifetime after treatment). It seems like the sneezing isn't normal and she came from a home with many and varied poultry, so definitely at risk for infection. Should I treat with antibiotics and if so which one for a layer. I have a batum already and don't want her to get ill from this new bird and unfortunately, don't have the ability to isolate the sneezer. Your advice would be appreciated

my girl doesn't sneeze that much but she does sneeze evey now and then i saw her do it again this morning. Now she is making REALLY LOUD noises in the morning and I thought that she might be ready to lay but nothing yet?

I have 2 hens that have also started sneezing. not alot but, it sounds like they are trying to clear their airway. it is starting to get cold up in this area but, my coup is heated . they are eating and drinking and laying. i plan to add apple cider vinegar to their water. hear it is a cure all. they are my absolute favorite girls. so, i may call the vet if this doesn't work.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom