sneezing silkies

megdiamond

Chirping
Sep 18, 2020
Camp Morton, Manitoba
hey everyone
i have a few sneezing silkies in my flock
they've been sneezing since late november and i put the flock on tylan before and it seemed to help a bit but they aren't recovered, the rest of the flock is fine? any advice?

Is the same one sneezing every few minutes? Is there any dust or do they mostly sneeze when and right after eating? Do you see any nasal drainage or bubbles in eyes? Chickens can sneeze on occasion, but if they are doing it constantly, there could be a virus called infectious bronchitis or mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) going around. Tylan can treat MG, but IB does not, and usually runs it’s course over about a month. IB can spread through the flock where some may get it, and get better, then others can get it.

two of them are sneezing every couple minutes. i brought one inside to bath it today and she's stopped sneezing as much, but still is. outside it's pretty constant. i live in manitoba so we are in the thick of winter but it is pretty mild and has been hovering around -7, we keep their coop around 0 and clean it/ change it's bedding weekly and have been putting dimtacious earth in there too.

seems to be sneezing while it eats.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom