sneezing, wheezing & gurgling chickens

I seem to have a number of sneezing chickens now can I put it in the water or is it best to administer to each seperate? Will this be nough, do you think?

you can put it in the water,, but im not a fan of that,, your not sure if each bird gets enough, or if some get more then a sip or 2 at a time,, alot of things dont mix well with water, it separates, and some birds will get none, some will get more then needed.
so ive never used it in water,, but i think the directions say you can.

Good luck!

You may want to research CRD - chronic respiratory disease. Not saying your flock has it, just be alert.

About that new rooster, always quarantine and monitor for a few days to weeks. Did he show up sneezing?

Hello,
Oops on not separating the rooster for not long enough. I did keep them separate for about two full days. And no he came not sneezing and still is not showing any symptoms.

Hello,
Ok, so hypotheticly if my flock has CRD can we still eat them? if we treat with any if these medicines can eat them?
I hoped to keep at least half of them for eggs, and they are like pets, and they are only 5 months old. I feel really absurdly stupid I should of thought more before adding this rooster...
-depressed in VT:(

You have to read the labels very carefully. Most antibiotics don't address egg layers, only meat birds. I think it's Sulmet to avoid if you're planning on ever eating the eggs. Lots of threads on withdrawl times for meds.

hello folks,
So how do I diagnose if it could be CRD? Should I treat for it with out knowing 100% what it is?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom