Sneezing/yelling chickens!

alleymorgan9750

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2016
Hello,
I had a question regarding my flock. I have had all of my chickens for over 4 to 5 months now and I’ve had no issues until the past couple of months which have been very hot. I heard one of my hens sneezing which made me worry about respiratory disease. However nothing progressed or got worse so I didn’t worry too much about it. Now it seems that my silkies are sneezing and sometimes when they sneeze they sneeze so hard it sounds like they scream. There is no other symptoms such as wheezing, coughing, or head shaking, or any form of discharge from nose or eyes that I have noticed. They are all eating and drinking fine as well. I have experienced a respiratory disease a few years ago that killed my flock from new birds and it was absolutely horrible. Since then I have been very scared and have raised all the birds I have. Until now I have had absolutely no problems. I am wondering if the weather Has something to do with it or if my run is Just very dry? Either way I want to make sure that they are comfortable and happy. If anyone has any experience with this I would love some advice. Thank you so much!

Hello,
I had a question regarding my flock. I have had all of my chickens for over 4 to 5 months now and I’ve had no issues until the past couple of months which have been very hot. I heard one of my hens sneezing which made me worry about respiratory disease. However nothing progressed or got worse so I didn’t worry too much about it. Now it seems that my silkies are sneezing and sometimes when they sneeze they sneeze so hard it sounds like they scream. There is no other symptoms such as wheezing, coughing, or head shaking, or any form of discharge from nose or eyes that I have noticed. They are all eating and drinking fine as well. I have experienced a respiratory disease a few years ago that killed my flock from new birds and it was absolutely horrible. Since then I have been very scared and have raised all the birds I have. Until now I have had absolutely no problems. I am wondering if the weather Has something to do with it or if my run is Just very dry? Either way I want to make sure that they are comfortable and happy. If anyone has any experience with this I would love some advice. Thank you so much!
When was the last time you cleaned the coop or housing area your keeping them in?

I clean my coop out at least once a week and It’s never stinky but I can see dust sometimes. My run is filled with dry dirt and is the dustiest could that be the cause this? I made sure my coop has 3 windows and a mini fan up top to push old air out. I really don’t know what more I could be doing.

Back
Top Bottom