SNOW

2BFA7698-F19E-488C-B918-E67EC039F819.jpeg
D3969CEB-2BE3-4B39-AEE5-F4414A6C3A6E.jpeg
My pen..:frow

So ducks are smart enough to put themselves away in their coops if their feet are cold? My husband was worried they weren’t because they were staying out in it and their feet were getting red. They have a large enclosure with their coops inside so if they wanted to get out of the snow they could. Or there are a couple of spots like under our perch house that doesn’t get snow that they could hang out under. We let them out in the morning when we leave for work. We just want to be sure we leave them in their coops on a day we are suppose to get snow, or a lot of snow so they are safe and warm. But if they are smart enough to get out of the cold and warm themselves up then we’ll continue to let them out regardless of if it snows!

So ducks are smart enough to put themselves away in their coops if their feet are cold? My husband was worried they weren’t because they were staying out in it and their feet were getting red. They have a large enclosure with their coops inside so if they wanted to get out of the snow they could. Or there are a couple of spots like under our perch house that doesn’t get snow that they could hang out under. We let them out in the morning when we leave for work. We just want to be sure we leave them in their coops on a day we are suppose to get snow, or a lot of snow so they are safe and warm. But if they are smart enough to get out of the cold and warm themselves up then we’ll continue to let them out regardless of if it snows!
I have straw down for my Ducks. They can decide to be out or in the Coop that way.

Mine don’t seem to mind the snow if it’s warmer out. We have snow on the ground now and last night temp was in the teens. I opened their run door and they never came out. Usually they can’t wait to go out . I let them choose. If their feet get cold other times they’re out they sit on them to warm them up and then off they go.

Mine go in an out when we have snow. Just give them a choice. But honestly I see mine out laying on the snow with their legs drawn up under them it’s like pulling a down comforter over you. Just don’t give any water that they can sit in and the water freezes around them. That’s asking for frost bite.

Back
Top Bottom