Snowflake quail.....girls or boys???

TheChickInn

Songster
7 Years
Feb 29, 2012

Hi! I am new to raising quail ( my 10 year old son's 4H project). I hatched out only 2 of 10 snowflake quail eggs. These 2 are about 6 weeks old, and I can't even guess if they are boys/girls. I would love to have 1 of each. They look the same except for one is quite a bit lighter than the other in overall feather coloration. Any thoughts on what they might be would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hi! I am new to raising quail ( my 10 year old son's 4H project). I hatched out only 2 of 10 snowflake quail eggs. These 2 are about 6 weeks old, and I can't even guess if they are boys/girls. I would love to have 1 of each. They look the same except for one is quite a bit lighter than the other in overall feather coloration. Any thoughts on what they might be would be greatly appreciated! :)
Thats a pair. The rooster is the one with the darker facial markings. He's in the front on the first pic and the back in the second pic.

Looks like a pair to me! Good luck, they're pretty!
smile.png
(I used to have bobs)

So here they are again at 4 months old. One is still darker than the other- but lacks the darker head feathering. Do you think they are both girls? My son wanted to show a pair at the fair this summer, not sure what we will do now.....

Back
Top Bottom