"Snowy" Calls

Quote:
No mini Appleyards, only Appleyard Calls. All I have in poultry are Call ducks. But hopefully I will have some more coming...the two hens that are laying now were only recently moved into a breeding pen with an Appleyard drake and it took them a while to feel comfortable around him. I have some eggs in the incubator now that hopefully will be fertile, and I have one other pen of Appleyards that will hopefully be laying soon. So we can keep our hopes up for a few males (and females!).

Had to edit as I just realized the replies you left said they were Silver Appleyard Calls, and not Mini Silver Appleyards - whoops.

Sorry to hear about the breeding, sorta sounds like the issue we had with our turkeys. We have have Beltsville White turkeys and though the young tom was all for it, the hen was not interested in the least. Do you sell birds?? Maybe eggs, or are those to delicate to ship?? I'll just PM you.

Last edited:
I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out the colours of my calls. Everybody says something different. I was told this one is a snowy call.
68014_camera_pics_419.jpg

The one at bottom first pic. She has beautifull blue on the wing tips. Don't realy know if she's a snowy call.I also have two white calls. A drake that was a questionable colour too. I have been told recently that he is a Aleution Pied, by the breeder.
68014_camera_pics_429.jpg

I also have a grey drake or so i've been told. My whites are females. My grey is in the first pic second from the bottom.
68014_camera_pics_454.jpg

If anyone knows what colours they realy are i would be happy to find out. I have eggs from the white calls and the Aleution in the bator and my grey and snowy have eggs in it too.

Sorry, i don't know why my pics are so big. Don't mean to take over the whole topic. Any suggestions how to make them smaller?

Quote:
OK, I disagree with your female in the first pic being a Snowy. I posted a pic of my female a couple of posts up-go take a look at her. Magpie? Ancona? I'm not sure. Perhaps she's a mix of 2 varieties?
The Aleutian Pied...I've never heard of that before. I have 2 trios of Aleutians and I guess he COULD be. He almost looks more like a Blue Fawn Pied Call to me.
Do you have a pic of your Gray? My avatar is a picture of a Gray Call pair.

68014_camera_pics_393.jpg

68014_phone_pics_349.jpg

68014_camera_pics_581.jpg

These were taken in winter so the lighting is hard to get right. Or it's just me, i'm still new to chickens, ducks, computors, and cameras. No i'm not a young kid, i'm a grama of 5 and they are the ones who show me how to work things. lol

If they are all the same duck-definitely a Gray Call. Hard to tell, like you said with that lighting, but based on pic 2-he's a Gray.

xIndigoSkyx
Its still not the right link, and don't you have a post of your own going? Are you aware you're posting in another person's thread?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom