Snunked again what to do?

kelliepulido

Songster
11 Years
Mar 18, 2008
st.john's mi
This is the third visit,he seems to spray do they do that like dogs to mark anyone know?I washed my whole coop out and the smell was gone now tonight he must of come again,the coop smells again around the the door,not inside I don't think hard to tell at 1am in the morning.The coop it is coming into he killed all the chicks and seems to only beable to get what is on the floor.How do I catch him?

Skunks do not spray to mark their territory, but after they spray, they leave their odor on anything they touch for days afterwards. Skunks do not climb well, so they will usually only kill prey that is on the ground. They are notorious carriers of rabies, and often do not show symptoms for a long time, but they are able to pass the virus. Be careful if you catch one.

A live trap with a long rope attached is your best bet. Tuna or cat food is great bait. Do not relocate the animal. It is illegal in almost all states. Good luck!

I wouldn't want to catch him.I would want to kill him. I have a light attached to the barrel of my gun with a scope on it. I'd set my alarm at 12 & go out by the coop & look for him. If no luck reset alarm & try again. Skunks will climb.Their fairly consistent on being out at a certain time.

I watched one outside of my bathroom window last night. I have caught lots before with cat food. There easy to catch. Good luck.
I use a live trap with a solid door.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom