So, another mystery chick for you..anyone?

Cynthia12

Always Grateful
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Apr 11, 2010
Utah
Got this baby in an order today. I can't think of what it could be..it does have the chipmunk stripes..that could be a few different breeds. Pretty sure it is not a Welsummer. Or a brown leghorn. I got some of those too, they don't have the circles around the eyes..

Thanks for any ideas!

No, it's definitely not a wellsummer or leghorn. The markings around the eyes remind me of a Wyandotte. Some EE's do have markings like that, but their leg color is different. My guess would be a Wyandotte, but I don't know which kind. And I could be completely wrong!

Sillican Buttercup! A very beautiful breed. Or could be a Golden Campine if it has a straight comb.

This is what I'm thinking..hoping more so for it to be a Sillican Buttercup. Now I need to look up both breeds to see how they act, lay... I really think it's a girl. I know the Golden Campines are skittish, but they are pretty. This little chick has a longer leg than the normal laying chicks, and a more slender body. Looking up some photos now. Thanks for the input!

Sillican Buttercup! A very beautiful breed. Or could be a Golden Campine if it has a straight comb.

It's a Silican Buttercup! I really didn't take a good look at it's comb until you said something. It has a comb like I've never seen on any of my chicks. This one has two rows of comb. I looked them up, they are pretty. Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom