1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

So Are You Chicken Obsessed When>>>>

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HenThymes, May 11, 2010.

1. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    You buy a generator just to make sure that even if the power goes out you can still keep your incubator runnin???

Well, I just bought a generator today for that sole purpose, to make sure my babies can keep growin even if![​IMG]

p.s. - I have my second hatch of the year coming out today and thankfully haven't needed a generator, shooo......

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    [​IMG] It's good to be prepared for disasters. [​IMG]

3. Julie08

Julie08 Songster

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I have a battery and inverter right beside the incubator just for that purpose, good thing too used it all day saturday because the power was out.

4. medan

medan Songster

Apr 1, 2010
    most of the incubators i have seen are between 40 and 120 watts you can get an inverter and run that bator off a 12 volt battery for at least 5 hours

5. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    We got a really good deal on a small 500W honda generator that is extremely quite, probably cheaper than I could have gotten an inverter for. I have no problems with running a small cord from the garage where the generator would be set to the laundry room for the incubator. Though an inverter and battery may be a nice back up to the generator too![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: