So.Cal here anyone else?

Quote:
Absolutely. Midway City Feed (Westminster/Huntington Beach area) gets them in weekly on Wednesdays. They tend to carry the standard varieties - RIR, Buff Orp, Barred Rock, Easter Egger (they'll call them Araucanas), and Leghorn. They even had ducks when I was there a couple of weeks ago. If you contact them ahead of time, they will order for you if the variety you want is available at the hatcheries they use. Their charge for sexed chicks is right around $2 (may have gone up with the gas prices). There are other places in the area, more toward Orange, that also carry chicks, although they're a bit more expensive.

Hello So. Cal. peeeple

I live in Santa Clarita (below Palmdale, above San Fernando Valley .... the town that boasts the Six Flaggs Magic Mtn park).

I found my now 5 week old silkie thru the Recycler-on-line, BalancedCAmom .... was it you that I wrote this to yesterday, or the day before? Did you check the Recycler?

If anyone knows of FRIZZLES being sold in the LA Country area, I would love to know about it.

My husband wants one Frizzle to add to our Silkie (We had three frizzles twelve yrs ago, and he loves that breed).

I have found a guy in LANCASTER that will get chicks in, at the end of May, and he states he will have Frizzles, but I've heard that over the past 2 yrs with different Feed Stores, and the Frizzles never seem to arrive......seems Frizzles are hard to get now, here in So.Cal. (12 yrs ago they weren't hard to find).

Also.....during the SHOW in Ventura in the Fall, will people be willing to sell poultry .... anyone have knowledge of this?

Take Care Everyone.....
my baby was out pecking in the yard today, with a temperature of about 73 Degrees! Beautiful!

Lee

Leelee I have two double frizzle cochins that are laying eggs. If you have any bantam roosters I would be willing to lend you a hen or two to get some fertile eggs. I might even be interested in some new chicks if you hatch enough. Since they are Double Frizzle all of their offspring should have the Single Frizzle Gene. ( To my understanding)

Bubba

PS Edit
Newhall Valencia Saugus Canyon Country Castaic or.... I used to live close to Lyons.

Last edited:
LeeLee- I live just up the mt. from you at the base of Mt. Pinos! It is good to see someone here close by. Boy 73*! It is still in the 50'2 here(now & then). It was 33* here this morning.

Monica

Hello So Cal-ians!

Norco/Corona here... live in one, work in the other.

LeeLeesFarm, I'm suprised you're having trouble finding frizzles? If you really have a hard time and are willing to drive... I know Hay Connection has a whole bunch here. It's in Norco though... so you'd have to be really desperate for one.

Back
Top Bottom