so... can ducks go trick or treating?

I would pass out candy because so many people bring dogs trick or treating. I would be afraid a prey driven dog might make the night a horror show. Pictures either way!
wouldn’t a dog act the same way if they saw the ducks sitting with me while passing out candy? we will be doing it outside because i just got a new kitten and he may get lost if he gets outside (with the door opening and closing so much with trick or treaters knocking)

I think being safely at home with you handing out candy would be best... I don’t know about your duckies, but mine wouldn’t appreciate all the scary displays and costumes out there, away from home. :) same as some dogs and cats though, they may be braver than most or they may not.
also, I’m sure we’d all love to see their costumes! :D

I think being safely at home with you handing out candy would be best... I don’t know about your duckies, but mine wouldn’t appreciate all the scary displays and costumes out there, away from home. :) same as some dogs and cats though, they may be braver than most or they may not.
also, I’m sure we’d all love to see their costumes! :D
i’ll post costumes when i dress them up! and yes, they are braver than most ducks because they come on “adventures” all the time

I love the delightful idea of your ducks in costume, ideally in a wagon, happily passing out candy with you. This image has made my day.

Also because ducks are poop machines and can carry zoonotic diseases, like salmonella, it doesn't feel safe to me. Even if you have them in diapers you can't guarantee that they don't have miniscule bits of poop on their bills - in fact they surely do. If they touch candy wrappers with their bills, then a kid touches that candy wrappers, then eats that candy with their hands... Do you see where I am going with this? Since young children are more vulnerable to salmonella I would not feel comfortable with this. And their parents likely wouldn't know that ducks can have zoonotic diseases, and so they wouldn't be consenting to this possible exposure.

I kiss my duck bills everyday. I allow my poopy duck bills to eat from my plate even. I know I'm not being intelligent, but I'm a fully informed consenting adult.

Back
Top Bottom