So done with my 'roo

Oct 16, 2020
Not really asking advice, just venting.

I have done everything I can to accommodate my roo... Put him with just his own girls, took out the (immature) quail he seemed to take issue with... I've separated out the girl he overmated.

But I think he may be headed for freezer heaven.

He literally cannot be in the main coop with attacking other birds. Constantly. He's a terror, and I'm pretty sure all the quail are as over it as I am.

He's got so much foam that he's leaving little piles of it all over the coop, and I think it's because all the female are doing whatever they can to stay away. >.<

I miss my old 'roo, tiny. He was so nice and calm. Just a joy.

Anyway, yeah. Just a rant. Aggressive roosters are a pain. From now on, I'm just keeping the docile ones.

Yeah, I do breed my quail, so I need a roo. But I'm gonna slow my roll on hatching for a bit, so I don't need a male for now.

(I have about 50 quail, but only 6-7 of them are fully mature. One of the other 43 has gotta be a boy, right? LOL)

Yeah, I do breed my quail, so I need a roo. But I'm gonna slow my roll on hatching for a bit, so I don't need a male for now.

(I have about 50 quail, but only 6-7 of them are fully mature. One of the other 43 has gotta be a boy, right? LOL)
That’s a lot - or at least it would be if they were chickens. Well, at least you can say you have a good chance at finding a good one :fl ... since you’ll clearly have many more.

I’ve heard of people using little nose rings that are plastic and go in the nostrils and under the top beak, and this supposedly stops pecking. I think it’s more common in bobwhites.

Back
Top Bottom