so eggcited, she squatted!! woot woot!!

6littlechicks

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 15, 2012
Morgantown, PA
okay, in my avatar, my BR, she's 17 wks 2 days old and her comb and wattles have been growing and getting redder every passing day so I've been having twice daily talks to her about maaaybe laying an egg or something. So, I was like okay maybe she'll squat because she's awefully talkative recently also. So I go into their pen and I'm talking to her and she usually stands there and looks at me sideways probably thinking "alright, stop telling me to lay an egg in your language!" and she usually stops and kind of squats but today she did the "REAL" squat! And trust me peeps that are also on egg watch for the first time ever , YOU'LL KNOW WHEN SHE'S REALLY SQUATTING! It's like when a female cat is in heat and they are laying on their stomach with tail all the way up and shaking butt from side to side. The funniest thing ever!!! So, I'm officially really on egg watch now, yayyyyyyyyy
ya.gif

I am on squat watch as well. Ours are 19 weeks and so far no squats or red combs. We have Favorelles, Houdans and Araucanas so I am expecting them to be a little later. Our production reds were laying at 16 weeks. I can't wait!
droolin.gif

okay, in my avatar, my BR, she's 17 wks 2 days old and her comb and wattles have been growing and getting redder every passing day so I've been having twice daily talks to her about maaaybe laying an egg or something. So, I was like okay maybe she'll squat because she's awefully talkative recently also. So I go into their pen and I'm talking to her and she usually stands there and looks at me sideways probably thinking "alright, stop telling me to lay an egg in your language!" and she usually stops and kind of squats but today she did the "REAL" squat! And trust me peeps that are also on egg watch for the first time ever , YOU'LL KNOW WHEN SHE'S REALLY SQUATTING! It's like when a female cat is in heat and they are laying on their stomach with tail all the way up and shaking butt from side to side. The funniest thing ever!!! So, I'm officially really on egg watch now, yayyyyyyyyy
ya.gif

I like it best when they squat and stamp their little feet, like they're doing the chicken dance! What a hoot!
gig.gif

I think all mine are laying now. I got 10 eggs from 11 golden comets 2 days in a row. I remember the first egg! And the waiting for it! Be patient and don't forget to take a picture of it and post it here!

Mine started doing the squat a few weeks ago and I thought the dang thing had completely lost its little birdie brain!! Looking on here tonight its all starting to make more sense since I now have 3 doing this consistently and 7 that are laying eggs. I know that one of my BO's isn't but not sure if the other two I'm waiting for is one of the 2 goldstars and a white rock, or both the white rocks. What other signs can I be watching for to try to figure out who my hold outs are??

Back
Top Bottom