So excited to be here!

tag3968

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2020
We are just starting out raising chickens....actually picking up the coop today and 2 Buff Brahmas tomorrow. Beyond excited and I've already named them Laverne and Shirley!

I'm not only looking forward to fresh eggs, but being able to watch and interact with the girls. Something tells me my husband will be put on the back burner!

We enjoy getting out there on our motorcycles when we can; no long trips, but just around a few hours at a time. Our dog keeps us busy with walks or just sitting outside enjoying nature. As she's part border collie, we're hoping to slowly introduce her to her new friends so she can help keep an eye on them.

We also have 2 nephews on the Spectrum, and are great with animals. Once we're able to have them over again after all of this quarantine goes away, I'm sure it will be pet therapy for them and human therapy for the Brahmas!

I found BYC just by Googling about chickens since we're just starting out. I'm so happy I stumbled upon the site, as it's been a great help already.

You should still go take your rides, just don't bring the hens. (Their feathers can blow off, and it's hard to find helmets that small for them)
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Back
Top Bottom