So Excited

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mattlime, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Mattlime

Mattlime Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2012
    Bostic, North Carolina
    I finally ordered chicks today...I will have them by the 5th or so of December...I cannot wait have not had babies in a long time...I ordered 11, but they add males to fill the box up so I may end up with 25 and I do not need that many...wish me luck :)

2. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Yay congrats on the new babies. I love taking care of little fluff balls[​IMG]. But do you think they will really fill your box with 14 male extras? I ordered my first 12 from mypetchicken and got no extras and then my next 25 from meyers hatchery and got 1 extra. Where did you order from and what would you do with all the extras if they really did send that many?

3. Mattlime

Oct 30, 2012
    Bostic, North Carolina
    I ordered from ideal poultry. I would raise them like I did the others then let them free range...

4. chicken pickin

Mar 3, 2012
    that sounds like a good idea but i was wondering if there were lots of extra roos would you keep them all in your flock, rehome them, grow them out for meat. I was just curious.

5. Mattlime

Oct 30, 2012
    Bostic, North Carolina
    Oh okay. I don't eat my chickens or eggs. I give them to elderly people in my community.

6. chicken pickin

Mar 3, 2012
    That is very nice of you. Good deeds to the community are great[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by