So frustrated...I need help...(UPDATE) Happy Mothers Day to me!

addicted2chicks

Songster
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
Michigan
I cannot get my temps or humidity to stabilize and even when I "think" they are I doubt myself. I have an LG and 2 mercury thermometers, 1 accurite digital and 1 springfield digital. They all read differently. I am ready to buy a new incubator and was reading the archives about all the different ones. To be honest I just got more confused. I would rather have something other than styrofoam but looks like other styrofoam has pretty good reviews. I was thinking about the Brinsea ECO 20 but would rather have the more expensive digital one. I prefer something that has an accurate temps and humidity gauge on it. Does that exist for under a million dollars? If I can find something else that I can trust I will use my LG as a hatcher.
Havobator, Gensis or Brinsea? Is the egg turner in the Brinsea worth it? I would rather not have to worry about turning eggs as sometimes our days get hectic and I might forget. Is there one that you can set it at what temp you want and what humidity you want and it does it on it's own? I am really debating about spending more $ than planned because in the long run if I get frustrated with the next one and try yet another I might as well of spent the extra right away.
Sorry this was almost a vent but really looking for more insight as I really got confused between all the models and good and bad from people on all of them.

Last edited:
I am so sorry you are having this hard of time. I can not help as all I have is a homemade bator. I was havibg temps fluxing but now that I added heat sinks my temps have not budged. Consider this a bump.

First of all tell us what kind of incubator you have. Is it electronic or wafer thermostat. The incubator itself is not the problem it's something inside it or something you may be doing that's the problem. If your car quits you have it fixed. You can do the same with an incubator. How have your hatches been? How many days does it take for the to finish hatching?

This is an LG still air model incubator. This is my first hatch but I had the bator running since last monday, set eggs on thurs night. I know, not too long and I have no results as to how it is doing. But watching the temps on all 4 thermometers has me frustrated. The hydrometer on my digital Accurite read into the 80's after I took out a sponge. I was going for a dry hatch and the humidity was in the 50's so I removed the sponge but instead of it going down it went up. My 2 mercury thermometers, 1 reads 100, the other reads 101. They are laying on the eggs. My accurite thermometer is reading 103.5 right now, but during the night it was 106 while the mercury ones still read 100-101. My Springfield digital is reading humidity at 20% while the Accurite one is now in the 40's. Too many thermometers and nothing is reading the same as another. I feel like I shouldn't be so frustrated on only day 2 but I don't want my eggs to fry. I need something I can rely on.
I am thinking on getting the Brinsea ECO 20 and getting the egg turner. I will get the hydrometer that someone recommends on here to go in it.

Sorry my posts are a rambled mess. My brain is scrambled from all this frustration.

Last edited:
It sounds like your didgital is wrong. take it out if it bothers you that much. I have no confidence at all in the cheaper digitals and very little in the expensive ones. I think you will probably be fine. A ll you need to do is get a few hatches over and see what the results are and if there is a problem then fix it.
Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom