So Funny!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lil'chickies, Mar 6, 2009.

1. lil'chickies

lil'chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    West Texas
    Ok, so I'm sitting here playing on the 'puter, with the brooder in the dining room. Out of the blue the babies start going crazy. I thought someone was getting bullied so I went to check. One of the little BO is running around crazy like, with a bunch of others chasing. I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I saw what she was holding in her beak, a wasp! It's like candy for them. They are so excited, just playing with it, the poor thing going from beak to beak. Not dead yet. I tried to take a pic, but they just keep running around with it. Can't wait to give them some crickets to chase.

2. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Aren't they funny & their little instincts kick in so quickly too.

Mine were about 1 week old & there was a tiny moth on the wall so I grabbed it & threw it in the brooder & the one snatched it up so fast & then the game of keep away started. It was like the perfect size for her little mouth. She never did give it up, she ate it! [​IMG]

3. lil'chickies

lil'chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    West Texas
    These are a week old. They spent about half an hour playing with the thing, tearing it apart. So fun to watch!

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    get yourself some chicken crack aka mealworms for added fun.

5. chellebyerly

chellebyerly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Jasper Texas
    my kids have brought in all the moths in a 5 mile radius for the chicks I have. (There used to be dozens on my door every morning. Now there are NONE!! LOL )

They cant get enough! (the chicks OR the kids)

They are BEGGIN me to let them get a moth for the 4 day old bantam babies.

But They are still giving to the 3 almost 4 week old ones. And your right. It is hilarious.

6. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    We've had an invasion of box elders this year. Usually we get a few, but this year's been awful.

So I get home today with chicks. No bugs in sight.

*sigh*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by