So glad to be here!

mackak

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 30, 2009
Hello,
I am so excited to have found people like me!!! I live in western WA with my DH, 2dd's and 1 ds. I also live with 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 llamas, 3 alpacas, 3 miniature goats, 2 rats, 3 rabbits 1 guinea pig and 12 wonderul chickens
smile.png
I have wanted chickens my entire life and only when we moved here, in my 44th year did my dream come true. (Well, I did have a single pet chicken when we lived in AK but I had to leave her there when we moved south. I did however, check into what would be involved in moving with her. I even spoke to someone in Washington DC.....it turned out to be too expensive to negotiate.So she went to live with other chickens in AK).
My chickens have been looking thinner and I was concerned about worms so I went searching online and found this forum!!!! I was hooked when I began reading the thread about the woman whose rooster fell from his roost and all that she did to help him.I was so encouraged to see the responses and advice given to her that I knew I had to become part of this amazing group!
I bought the chickens because I love them and now my children have become fans as well. I don't ever want to live without them! One of the highlights in our morning is to watch the chickens come out of the coop in the morning. (My 11 and 14 year old fight over who gets to open the door!)
I live in a farming community where chickens are for laying and eating.My chickens are all named and are treated as pets.They will never be eaten. People around here smile and look at me funny when I talk about being worried about my chickens. So again, I was happy to find this forum!

Welcome to BYC. My hubbie and I are from Bowdon and run a chemical free farm and raise and sell veggies, all kinds of poultry, ship eggs and hatch babies as well....Also raise goats and bunnies.

If I can ever help you all in any way, or help you navigate the BYC or sister boards, please let me know.

Happy New Years!
smile.png
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom