So glad to have found Back Yard Chickens for Rocklin Ca

ILoveToSmile

In the Brooder
Sep 29, 2022
I have been looking into buying laying hens for quite some time. I have a few neighbors nearby who are raising them now. We hear them. They are mostly cul-de-sac lots such as mine, that have more room for a coup and essentials for healthy hens. I have not spoken to them yet about their experiences, but plan to do that this week. I feel I need more information on setup, care, type etc. I lived on a farm for 3 years when I was growing up, and experienced chickens from incubator to having them riding on my shoulder; but that was on a farm, not in a back yard. I have a large yard with greenbelt behind me. I love hens and the prospect of producing my own egg supply

I have been looking into buying laying hens for quite some time. I have a few neighbors nearby who are raising them now. We hear them. They are mostly cul-de-sac lots such as mine, that have more room for a coup and essentials for healthy hens. I have not spoken to them yet about their experiences, but plan to do that this week. I feel I need more information on setup, care, type etc. I lived on a farm for 3 years when I was growing up, and experienced chickens from incubator to having them riding on my shoulder; but that was on a farm, not in a back yard. I have a large yard with greenbelt behind me. I love hens and the prospect of producing my own egg supply
Welcome to BYC!! :)

Back
Top Bottom