So happy with chicken show with my bird

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by CrestedGirl, Apr 2, 2011.

1. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Today I showed my bearded black Crevecoeur hen in Jr. show And showmanship. For the Jr. I got best in breed, continental class champion, champion large fowl, and reserve champion Jr. . For showmanship I won , there were only around 10 contestants. The judge for the Jr. Just happen to breed crevecoeurs in the past and he said she was one of the best hens he has seen. This was my fist show and I won a ribbon, a trophy, a belt buckle, and ten dollars. I am so so happy and I can't wait to do another show! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2011
  2. okieinalaska

okieinalaska Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Awesome, congratulations! Now we need a picture of this amazing bird. [​IMG]

3. sumatra

sumatra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    NW PA
    Good for you! That's really something, especially with a crevecoeur. Good ones are hard to find. Keep up the good work!

4. tallyho

tallyho Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Congratulations![​IMG]

You just never know what the judges are looking for. Sounds like you have a nice bird and you did a good job showing her. Sometimes judges who are experts in a certain breed are tougher on those breeds. Good work! My son is going to his 1st show in a couple of weeks with a big cochin. Hope he can hold her up long enough to show her to the judge!

5. CrestedGirl

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    [​IMG]

this is her in the special cage for Jr. reserve. We also showed a bearded buff laced polish that got jr large breed reserve and a breeder offered $50 for her but she is family and We said no.

6. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    WOW! Good for you! My daughter is showing for the first time next Sunday! [​IMG]

7. CrestedGirl

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Thank you, hope she does great and comes home with an award.

8. josh44

josh44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2008
    San Antonio Texas
    Congrats on the wins [​IMG]
    Took a few pics of your birds on Champion Row, Keep up the good work [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by