So happy with chicken show with my bird

CrestedGirl

Polish Obsessed
8 Years
Mar 7, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
Today I showed my bearded black Crevecoeur hen in Jr. show And showmanship. For the Jr. I got best in breed, continental class champion, champion large fowl, and reserve champion Jr. . For showmanship I won , there were only around 10 contestants. The judge for the Jr. Just happen to breed crevecoeurs in the past and he said she was one of the best hens he has seen. This was my fist show and I won a ribbon, a trophy, a belt buckle, and ten dollars. I am so so happy and I can't wait to do another show!
wee.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you! That's really something, especially with a crevecoeur. Good ones are hard to find. Keep up the good work!

Congratulations!
clap.gif

You just never know what the judges are looking for. Sounds like you have a nice bird and you did a good job showing her. Sometimes judges who are experts in a certain breed are tougher on those breeds. Good work! My son is going to his 1st show in a couple of weeks with a big cochin. Hope he can hold her up long enough to show her to the judge!

81936_hpim0358.jpg

this is her in the special cage for Jr. reserve. We also showed a bearded buff laced polish that got jr large breed reserve and a breeder offered $50 for her but she is family and We said no.

Back
Top Bottom