So how many of you can handle Gordon Ramsey?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by vfem, Jan 14, 2010.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Well a production company is doing a call to arms to get some fresh blood for another one of his shows. Who is going to give a try out? Hubby is talking me into sending in a video clip and application.

http://www.3ballproductions.com/masterchef.html

Let me know what you think... maybe even talk me in or out of it. The man terrifies me!

2. cybercat

cybercat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    Greeneville, Tn
    I would not do it for I think he is an idiot. Why go to a show to be screamed and yelled at and for what his reconition. No thanks. I have watch a few of his turning a restruant programs and Hell's Kitchen. The way he is made to act of TV is nuts and peolpe like this.

3. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    I absolutely adore him. I say do it. Why not? It's worth a shot. I also like watching his show where he helps restaurant owners make over their restaurants. I think he is actually a really decent guy who really knows food and the business of running a restaurant. In one of his books he says to make the dishes your own. He gives recipes, but if you don't like an ingredient then change it to something you do like. I appreciate that encouragement to making your own unique dishes and meals. I would LOVE to meet chef ramsey and get a chance to work with him. I just haven't a repertoire of dishes I would truly call my own. I use ideas of other people mostly. It is a thrilling opportunity they are offering - send in a video and application - I think you will be glad you gave it a go!!! [​IMG]

eta: I learned to make risotto from his show, as well as lots of other things. He has very high standards, and wanting perfection for your clients isn't always a bad thing!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  4. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    We watch him alot! One thing is FOR SURE...if you can live up to his standards, you can make it anywhere, and everyone will know it! And, if you can't, nobody blames you! It's a win-win! Good luck!!! [​IMG]

5. highcountrychickens

highcountrychickens Head Rooster Jouster

Aug 28, 2008
    Jackson Hole
    I think he's great - He raises his own pigs, turkeys and chickens to teach his kids about it so they won't be mindless about their food - I like that he made a couple of shows around it so that it would be out there in a mainstream...
    He's foulmouthed, but he's really, really good - and the bottom line is that he's successful for a reason. I think you'd learn a LOT if you have a thick skin, and can take him for what he is. As many times as he has slammed people in "Kitchen Nightmares", he has also spotted talent and hired folks away from these restaurants to work in his own kitchens. He isn't a jerk to be a jerk... he's a jerk when the situation calls for it, often waking people out of their stupor.

I think it's a chance of ... well not a lifetime necessarily, but of the Year! GO FOR IT!!

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Well, I think he can cook, but he has dirty language [​IMG]

7. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Hell's Kitchen, no frickin way. He is a monster in that show, it's almost comical how much of a dick they encourage him to be.

Kitchen Nightmares, where he turns around restaurants, I like it, he's usually decent.

F Word, from the episode I saw, he promoted farm free ranged animals and that was a huge plus with me. He also was not a jerk at all. He is a jerk for TV. I would not take a chance with it, I wouldnt want to go on TV and be yelled at and humiliated. Chances are it will be a show like Hell's Kitchen, and thats just embarassing.

But hey, if you go on, I can be like I KNOW THAT GIRL FROM A FORUM, WOOO!!! GO YOU! So at least you will have a following lol

8. GardenWeasel

GardenWeasel Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Henry, TN
    If I was lots younger I would do it in a heartbeat. Just to learn from a great chef. His language doesn't bother me, I bartended for years. In fact he is quite inventive with his insults, I watch his shows as often as I can. It would be a blessing to be called "donkey". Go for it!!!

9. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    No way would I even consider putting up with him doing anything like Hell's Kitchen. He is horribly abusive on that program. I would not be subjected to it, nor be part of a program like it in any way.

His other programs I haven't seen. And don't care to. I won't support his career by watching anything he does as long as he chooses to be that *ss on Hell's Kitchen.

Don't do it. You're too nice a person to be involved with someone like that, or one of his productions. You deserve better.

10. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    What it all boils down to is this: Whether you respect him as a person or not, if you respect his skills and his ability to teach those that are teachable, then you should go for it. If his opinion doesn't matter, or if you think you could learn the same from someone else, then don't. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by