So.....I bought some DE-now how do I use it?

junebug7334

Songster
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
I have been searching the forum.... and I know it's on here somewhere......it's food grade....suggestions please?
caf.gif

Get an old baby powder container...or a ball jar with holes in the lid and fill with DE and sprinkled all over the coop and occassionally on the birds and even in their food.
cool.png

Don't forget the roosts...too!

Last edited:
Hey there! thanks! You are the only one who answered and that is all I needed to know! Best! Junebug

I use DE too, and can't say enough about it. You could also put a scoop of it on their bedding (I use wood shavings) and see if they use that area to dust bathe, which also helps. Or, depending on where you live, you could also provide a spot for dust bathing in their run or in your yard, if you free range. It can be mixed with fine, dry dirt or sand or ashes...our birds love it, especially since they can demolish my daylilies at the same time - bonus for chickens!
roll.png

WoofyGator
welcome-byc.gif
Great user name, and one of the few predators we don't have in this neck of the woods!
And if you think DE is great for chickens (and it is!), you should see all the benefits for people, as I've been finding out...
ya.gif

PM me so I don't hijack this thread (no, I don't sell it!)

Back
Top Bottom